Saturday, December 31, 2005

The sport of fitness, the art of getting better

http://crossfit.com - 051231
http://www.crossfit.com/cgi-bin/moveabletype/mt-comments.cgi?entry_id=1017 (the kipping pullup) Post questions and reflections to comments.

"Kipping in pullups is cheating just like pumping your arms is cheating while running." I forget who said that but they are a freaking genius!
DH pull ups: 2 and done for the day.Kipping pullups: 4-7 rep sets for multiple sets
Having people stop and stare at you "cheating" : Priceless.
The main thing I like about kipping is... I CAN FINALLY DO IT!
Being able to do entire workouts with unmodified pullups is a huge ego boost in one way but kills you metabolically because 1 second of rest between 30 pullups is 25 seconds you don't get when you kip for 6 5 rep sets, plus the kip adds a metablic demand straight pulls do not have.
I still try the dead hangs periodically and I went from 1 to 2 in the amount of time it took me to go from 0 to 5 reps of kipping. So I expect a similar return when I got from 5 kipping to 10 and from 10 to 20.
Cheating ROCKS.

No comments: