Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday - 36" tire jump progressions

ummm dude.

I did a few legit 36” tire jumps.

really!!!!

5 rounds

10 36” tire jumps
10 OHS 55#
10 Pull ups
I completed 4 rounds and 1 more set of 10 tire jumps. (first round I did 5 tire jumps and 5 20o” box jumps as instructed. For the rest, I disregarded Jeff’s instruction and did all tire jumps.)

Jeff had me try a few running one foot touches on the 36 inch stack of 2 tractor tires before class. First had me try the full on jump but he had my hand to steady me. Missed. So he had me do the one foot version of just touching my left foot on top of the tire. Did a bunch of those, but got some righteous stand up on the box hip extended jumps. yeah!

I did the first round with 5 tire jumps, 5 20 inch box jumps. 4 more sets of 10 tire jumps. Some legit and some missed but I only counted the ones where one foot totally landed on tire.

I’ll get the two foot hips extended version. But totally proud for getting on top of those tires.

Thanks, GD for making me try and Gimpy for your coaching and attagirls.

I totally love Brand X!!!!!

2 comments:

bob jones said...

"Righteous stand up" -- I bet it was! And a neat turn of phrase, that.

Unknown said...

LOL! Thanks.

Jeff says there will be video of some of the jumps posted to Brand X soon. I totally need to see that.

I'm only 60 inches tall so 36" is pretty itimidating but Jeff transition jumps are really cool and let me get one foot up and pull the other up behind.