Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday, Brand X workout and Swimming

TMoney - 21 June 2008 11:23 AM
Saturday at Brand X

7 x 7

7 Rounds

Sprint to end of second building & back
You have 45 seconds from in the door to complete 7 Power Cleans & 7 Any Way Over Head
If you don’t finish in 45 seconds, the round doesn’t count!
Rest 2 minutes between rounds (This got stretched as heat took its toll)

I don’t remember all the weights. Big Dawgs were 135#/95#


Heat was miserable. 100 when I pulled up to the gym at 10 A.M.

I ended up modifying this beyond recognition

5 rounds with 5 reps of the clean and AWOH lifts. Never made the 45 seconds.

22:12 with 95# clean and push press. I spent half the rest periods flat on my back. Poor Joanne came over to see what was wrong with me. This workout kicked my ass.

Then after lunch, which I didn't eat because of the heat, I decided I'd take bradley to the pool where we spent the rest of the miserable afternoon. Thanks to crossfit, although I'm still no runway model, I felt relatively comfortable walking about in my new bikini and lying under the sun between swims. Bradley learned take a few unassisted strokes before he arrived in the safety of my arms. So proud of us!

By end of summer, bikini handstand pic for my blog and Bradley swimming like a fish.


\

Also I went to the Hotel Del with my sister on Friday and I wore a dress that had originally worn when I weighed 139 pounds and even at 150 crossfit pounds this dress fit like a charm.

2 comments:

Craig Massey said...

Great photos Laura!
150 pounds of muscle will always look better than 150 pounds of untrained bod.

Looking forward to hearing of both the handstand and Bradley swimming laps.

Go Bradster!

Craig Massey said...

That should have been 120 pounds of untrained bod.