Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Muscle up work with Andres De La Rosa.

Sat out the workouts and ended up working with Andre’s from CF Marin who is still down here from the Cert. He gave me a lot of good work to help me get my muscle up (he actually was hoping I could do one):

First he had me try to do a muscle up but my false grip pull ups just aren’t there yet.

Then he had me do:

spotted false grip pull ups (with threat of double the spotted HSPU on the rings for each time I got off the rings)
Seated muscle ups
Seated muscle ups with feet elevated on pad
Jumping bar muscle ups on one of the parallel bars at increasing heights.

So I need to work the above to get explosive false grip pull ups. and work on jumping bar muscle ups to get the explosive movements going.

What a nice guy. He could have been training in the Kenpo class but chose to help me instead.

No comments: