Saturday, May 01, 2010

Saturday @ Brand X 2 10 minute amraps

Alrighty then….it has been a long week. I did 5 workouts in six days. All of them tough. I’m glad three of them were at Brand X. It’s so much more motivating to be there having someone tell you to go faster because when you think you can’t, amazingly, you can!


Saturday AM @ Brand X.

Buy in: 2 prowler pushes (aaaagh!) + vault + forward roll+ bear crawl…repeat for 5 minutes. Got throught twice!

Workout:

10 minute AMRAP
Thrusters (95/65)
Side to side hops along an unspecfied length of different barriers of varied height.

I used 25# dbs instead of a bar and got 6 rounds + 4 thrusters

Rest 5 Minutes

10 minute AMRAP Rotation between 3 people
Run 200M
Slam ball (duration of teammate #1 run)
Pull ups (duration of teammate #2 run)

Total up reps for slamball and pull ups for team. I don’t know what my team got because we forgot we had to write it on board. I got 78 total. With a bouncy 12# med ball.

2 comments:

F. Lex said...

I saddled up and started back again on the bike. I pushed hard to make up for the loss time. By now I was ten min behind schedule. Needless to say, the rest of the day the soreness started to settle in and more so in my hip area. I cleaned up the burns with bacitracin. I wish I had more time to Ice my hip/muscle side. I got home last night, and before the sun went down, I went for a two mile run and pushed myself to keep my heart rate up and run it at race pace. I kept the hr around 90% for the 2.33 miles. I ended up with 18min21secs. I know it is not fast but it is for me. I still feel like a big galloof when I run (no laughing Jess!). The first 200 yds were tough.. after that everything felt right. It felt great getting it done.I had a rough time last night sleeping and lost count of how many times I woke up. After a big pot of coffee, I am ready to Dig Deep and a good bike ride.... I hope everyone has a fantastic day!! Dig Deep people!!!!thomas p.s- word to the wise- If you are on a bike and want to turn to look back, you have two choices: 1. don't look at all 2. don't pedal while you look back (and if you have aero-bars- make sure you are not on them).Peace Out!emoticon

G. Taller said...

When I left there I had to buy two things before returning home: 1) A new cyclometer (the one I have just stopped working a week ago. The battery isn't dead, I can't get the magnet to register every rotation) 2) A new heart rate monitor (like an IDIOT I left it at work yesterday and I must know my stats for tomorrow!)I went to downtown Brooklyn in search of these items, but had no luck. I then realized that despite not wanting to bike too much today, this meant I would need to go to Sports Authority in Manhattan. As a result, I would riding way more than I intended. Since that was the case I decided to do something that I have no chance of doing any other weekend of the year all the major bridges! This will forever be known as "One Weekend, 5 Bridges". (That 5th Bridge, The Verrazano, is only available to cyclists on the 5 Boro Bike Tour weekend, so I will be doing it tomorrow.)