Monday, October 03, 2005

As good as you are at your stuff...

Well, two of the guys at work were going for a run and one asked if I wanted to go. I said sure. He goes: "yeah? Can you keep up?"

"Well, probably not, but I'll meet you on the loop back!" ha.

Then I realized I left my running shoes at home. The second guy, whom I have been needling about CrossFit, came in and asked: "Ready, tough girl?"

So I borrowed a pair of shoes...LOL. Then I found a pair of my own in the locker room.

The guys waited for me and asked if i wanted to set the pace. I said for them to just run and not worry about me.

I think I ended up about an eight to a quarter mile behind them but didn't lose much more ground than that. They waited for me at the halfway mark an walked to give me a little recovery time (considering i was probably pumping at capacity for 15 straight minutes and they were not at their max output) A couple minutes later I said, 'Come on, I'm ready let's run!"

The first part was in a canyon with uphills and down hills, the second half was flat street and a down hill of about 3/4 mile.

I think the whole thing ran about 3 miles. They finished a couple minutes ahead of me. And gave me props at the end. "Good Finish!"

No comments: