Monday, October 17, 2005

...not good at our stuff...

So my two "running buddies" decided to try the 100 pull up workout today in the gym (unbeknownst to me) and this is what Russ told me when they got back:
Russ: We gave the 100 pull ups a try today.
Me: Did you do 100?!
Russ: Well, we got about halfway through and gave up.
Me: You did 50 pullups! That's awesome!
Russ:....Ok we got a quarter of the way.... :/
me: 25! Well that's pretty good. Did you do dead hang?
Russ: Yeah. We did sets of 3's and 4's and after about 10 minutes we pretty much were done.

Me: You've got to learn to "cheat"!

I told him he'd probably have done better doing singles but something tells me they'd not have made a hundred. Not because I'm better than they are, just that they are not doing pullups every other day. My recovery time is 1000 times better than even 6 months ago.

Then I told him about doing the Murph lite workout. I don't know if he'll try crossfit though. We'll see. Those two are definitely like dogs looking at a stranger with a bone. They Want the bone, not sure about the guy who's holding it.

2 comments:

Davie said...

i had the same thing at work.
a mate thought he would try it and managed to get to 54 before giving up. he started with a set of ten then down to singles at the end. and he moaned like a wee girl about how sore his arms were for DAYS!!!

Unknown said...

hahaha!

One of them didn't even WANT to tell me they tried. I was glad they tried.

I only harass them because I want them to TRY it. Not to humiliate them, though that part is fun, too.