Sunday, November 27, 2005

Eugene's birthday pull ups

I know I get a little over ambitious or maybe once I decide on a goal, I just don't work on it as much as I should but I knew I would probably not be able to do a single set of 50 pull ups for Eugene Allen's 50th Birthday.

I don't have a good pull up station here at home and Brand X is closed on Sunday, so I went over to the little fitness center in my neighborhood (they let me have a free day - since I said I would be less than a half hour) and tried to do a pull up on one of their lifting cages (like the ones they have at the Vista HS WL gym) but I think I lack confidence on it so I couldn't do it.

I settled for the Gravitron (cybex?) machine. I used the parallel grips for most of the reps and started with 8 # of assistance. After about 15 I upped it to 10#. I was doing sets of 2 and when I got to where I could only do singles, I was at 40 so I upped it to 12# and cranked out a few sets of triples.

I finished the fifty in 20:00 and that is counting futzing around with the first station.

I still posted on Eugenes thread so that he would know I tried. But assisted mmmm maybe he won't count them.

bummer.

No comments: