Saturday, July 22, 2006

Friday, Sparring

Went to sparring with Arlene. Sara coached us and helped us figure out how to work combinations in...I remember she was my partner the first time I sparred and I felt reall awkward then as well. But this time, once I got the tips from her about finding targets (she "helped" by leaving herself open and telling us where to hit her...lol) the strikes felt good.

Most valuable lesson I learned and hopefully will get better at: Since I am a little person (no disrepect to true little people) I have to throw my L-jab/R-cross combo so that the right is from the inside ie not trying to throw at the opponents head over the top of their left arm. SO drop for the left, and throw the right to the ribcage. Need more practice!!!!

Ar and I will keep at this. It was tiring and embarassing but fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»