Friday, February 17, 2006

A boy, a bar, a jump and a kip.

I didn't get a workout tonight. I spent an hour helping Bradley do pull ups. He had followed me into our workout room where my Oly bar loaded to 55# was racked on our Nautilus machine. I looked a lot like a pull up bar.

"Do you think I could do a pull up on that, Mom?"

"I don't know, honey. You can try." I lifted him up to grab the bar, but he couldn't do a dead hang. I assisted him by holding his waist and making him do most of the work for about 4 reps.

Then he got down and said he needed a box so he could reach the bar by himself and so we put the top of an aerobic stepper under the rack and he could reach, but he couldn't get any leverage to start a jump. We found two risers for each side and then he was able to get a little jump. A few tries before he figured out to time the jump and the pull and then he was getting his chin over the bar with a bit of effort. Some times he couldn't get to the bar but he got it more times than not. I shot the video with my cell phone.

It's 5 seconds of pure victory.

No comments: