Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fight Gone Spartan


Today we had a little FGB action but with a little Crazy twist.

We were supposed to pick a partner "about the same ability level". Jeff assigned my partner. Rachel, from CFSD.

The exercises we did:

Box Jump (Rachel used 24" box, I used 20")
ManMakers with 25# dbs
Pull ups (subbed for flying pullups)
Hang Power Snatch, 55#
Spartans (Tire flip, jump into center, jump out = 1)

Totally insane. I asked Rachel to go first. I watched her totally kick ass. And she was DYING. I was afraid. Very afraid. I said, I'll get nothing even close to your score.

Rachel said what any good trainer would say (and that's how I figured out I'd be doing this workout after a trainer - egads): It doesn't matter. My 100% may get a better score but your 100% get you the same results. Give it all you got. Everyone gets the same benefit as long as they put out their 100% best effort.

OK. So then she promised she would not be that nice when coaching and I promised I'd cry. LOL.

Started the box jumps as jumps. She said start taht way then she'd tell me if I should go to step up. After 10 or so she told me to step up. About 9 step ups she had me do the rest of the minute as jumps. Got 20.

then the manmakers, pull ups and hangpower snatch, then spartans. I think we were pretty evenly matched on those. She totally beat me on box jumps.

Her rounds were 55-46-45 = 146
My rounds were 45-41-46 = 132

She was stoked on my score. "I didn't expect to get that much out of you! You rock!"

That made my day.

3 comments:

Craig Massey said...

Once your rep spreads a bit more, you won't be able to get away with people underestimating you.
And after the games, the world will know how good you are.

FirmDancer said...

Hey Laura - great job! That workout scares me.
-Anita

Unknown said...

Thanks, guys. It scared me too! LOL.

The worst part was knowing Jeff was watching me to make sure I didn't slow down.

Darn box jumps were the worst.