Friday, February 22, 2008

Thursday - Jackie PR 9:10

Had a private with Jeff which we have been putting off for weeks due to various reasons, one of which was the ridiculous sickness that although the worst of it was over in a few days, the breathing difficulties due to sinus congestion alternating with choking drainage made it impossible to put out any worthwhile metcon.

And the focus of my privates with Jeff is to increase my metcon output, so that would have been useless.

Had a limited time yesterday so Jeff gave me a short workout. LOL.

JACKIE

Row 1K
50 Thrusters with 35#
30 Pull ups

"This is a sprint, Laura. There is no reason that someone of your abilities needs to put this bar down before you finish the thrusters."

So at 30, rested the bar in the back squat rack and then another torturous 20 reps.

The pull ups took too long, by far, broken into sets of 5 and the 5th I dropped off at 4, so the last set was 6 ridiculously painful pull ups.

but when I came down at the end, Jeff said "9:10 - Legitimate".

Would have liked to get 8 something. Next time he says I'll have to start off with a a set of 10 pull ups and then go to 5s.

No comments: