Saturday, October 04, 2008

Status Report

I was asked by my Friend Anita, (FirmDancer on the BX forum) if I felt I was back on track, due to some heavy cleans and DB weights I'd used on recent workouts...Here's my reply...thought some of you might be wondering as well. And, if you're not...well haha click BACK and you'll find interesting reading on the BX forum. ;)

Yes, I'm back to at least 4-5 workouts a week. (and have been since the beginning of September) Some days I just don't want to work out but I go anyway. My metcon is still subpar for me and so my times are not that great. I think I'm finally getting me feet back for running. Yesterday I did that Thruster box jump workout with about 40 percent of my BW and the other ladies were using lighter weights than me and it took me twice as long. But i did the 24" box jumps which still scare me. Then I went into Kenpo and Sifu Dan (Big D) made us do an indian run with abotu 20 students running. We ran 800m and I had to sprint twice. I only stopped near the end after my last sprint.

THEN we had to spar the upper belts and everyone said I did well. I was totally smoked after that.

Todays' time was much more satisfying but I think the prescribed weight on that was supposed to be bodyweight cleans. Jeff told me to do the 95# that I had done for the Thursday workout.

All in all, I'm getting closer to where I was. I'm still very dissappointed in how much metcon output I've lost. grrrr.

I'm going to try to find my max Clean sometime in the next week. That 95# is not easy but definitely much easier than it was a year ago!

No comments: