Friday, March 13, 2009

Diane - some ramblings about my PR

So I PR'd on my Diane time yesterday.

When I looked at my stopwatch after the first 21 deadlifts (which were broken) it was about 3.5 minutes in. I thought it wasn't too bad and that I might could finish up the workout in under 10 if I pushed.

My first round of HSPU were with my feet on a low box and with my hands as far in as I could do. Sets were broken, but I don't recall how much...it was about 5.5 minutes on the stopwatch when I fell headfirst off the box.

Still thinking under 10, if I could crank out 15 deadlifts and 15 HSPU...Pushed the form envelope a little on the DLs to get them out in two sets. Then the HSPU in 3 sets.

7ish by then.

Then I did the last round of DL 4, 3, 2. Did the HSPU in 5,3,1.

Stopped the watch at 10:20.4...and cursed!

Then I did a search on this blog and found my last time....18:43 I think in October of 08...and the time before that 19:39. I had been happy to break 20 on that one. LOL.

I guess the HSPU challenge and the Barbell cert really helped me. Oh and maybe my diet is helping too. ;) And GD's private coaching. Well I have a lot of good things to thank for that PR I guess.

No comments: