Saturday, March 21, 2009

FWD: ran a mile (9:17pr)

Missed class so I did an improvised workout based on class workout which was Partner Murph:

Ran a mile (9:17pr)
100 pushups (6:53 pr)
100 sit ups (5 somethin)
100 squats ??

Total time 26:23

FirmDancer - 21 March 2009 01:12 PM
LauraR - 21 March 2009 11:00 AM
Ran a mile (9:17pr)

Firmdancer: Did you just recently set a running PR? and now another one!

Yes, FD…I knew when I posted the 9:30 I had mentally not tried to run fast…I had 2 more miles to run. So today I tried to run faster and about halfway through had tired myself out and WALKED a good 15 to 20 steps…thinking I had killed my chance to beat 9:30. I checked the time before the last downhill stretch and the clock said 8:20. I sprinted down the hill hoping to beat 9:00 but was happy to beat the 9:30.

I will take that PR and break it soon…my 100 push up PR is by about 5-6 minutes….as GD predicted the Zone fixes a lot of things. I haven’t been 100% zoning but I have been a lot better. It’s showing in my workouts.

2 comments:

Craig Massey said...

This is your ramp up for the mud-run I take it? :-)

Unknown said...

Yeah...gonna try to run some every week. I need to do a 5k and a 10k to get my current pace. I think a 9min mile by June is doable.

Amazingly I have not significantly run any distances in the last year and I'm still hitting PR's.

Pretty happy.

I improvised this workout since I missed class.