Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Private Lesson - Dips and Running

Second private with Kim...working on negatives dips and running form.

Warm up with pull up negatives - about 5-7.
Stretch
Run 400m
- Here Kim gave me her observations and suggestions. And throughout the time, she continually gave me her input.

Bench dip negatives - about 15

200m - sprint long, jog/rest short sides.
Ring Dip negatives - about 10 + a couple of shallow ring dips

200m - sprint long, jog/rest short sides
Bench dip negatives - about 10 + a few slow full bench dips
Stretch shoulders.

Sprint 200m with form tips incorporated : 54 seconds.
Please make a note of it. This will get better.


Thanks to Kim and to Amaryllis for their insight. I know there are things I am good at and privates can only make them better, but there are things I am flat out subpar on and that's what I hope to improve with the privates. As I noted to Kim, I have gotten better at running but NOT good. I'm at the point where I need coaching to get over the hurdles of my own form issues.

Practice does not make perfect. Perfect Practice makes Perfect.

No comments: