Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fran 45# 7:39

"Have you met my girlfriend Fran?"
6:00pM Class

Fran 21-15-9 Thrusters Pull ups

Big Dawgs: 95#/65#
Pack: 65#/45#
Puppies 45#/25#, Jumping Pull ups
Buttercups: 25#/10# Jumping Pull ups (Not sure on weight)

Here's the catch: 10 minute time limit. Jason told us to Use a weight we thought we could do in 5 minutes.
I've never gotten under 8 minutes with ANY weight, so I chose 45#.

It was a partner workout. The first partner had 10 minutes to complete their workout while the other counted/nitpicked and encouraged them. Then when 10 minutes is up the other partner did their workout.

I used 45# and got 7:39 - almost 2 minutes faster than my best time with 45#
Arlene used 25# and kicked A** : 7:34

Arlene - great coaching. "All the way up! That one doesn't count! 5 more!"
Jason -"Come on, Laura, get going! This workout has no resting in it. Go for a PR!" At around 6:00 I still had 9 pull ups "Come on, finish it up by 6:30!" seconds to put on chalk, could't make my self start and I had to break them up - so it ended up taking a full minute to do them.

Still having a problem pushing away from the bar.

When seconds count, the pull ups freak me out. All the Thrusters were unbroken. But I was trying to make sure I got all the way up and all the way down so I probably took longer than I needed to. Dammit, at the time I felt like I was going to die, but now I'm thinking "You could have done better!" F%?K.

Sparred a little after with Arlene. We're going to get good at it if it kills us.

No comments: