Saturday, August 05, 2006

Spic and Span Fran - Holy Cow

When Jeff started writing this work out on the board, I protested. Not her again!? Jeff says, but we've only done it one other time! I said, that was enough! it took me 43 minutes! Then Dan says: Well, then you'll do it faster this time, Laura!

I wanted to use 45-55 pounds (big dog wt for women is 65 for this) using a 35# ladies bar with bumper plates. Ended up with 55#. David S was calling my faults and after 10 reps with 55#s he made me switch to 5# plates. That made the cleans so much easier to keep good form.

I got through it quickly after that! 21 clean and jerks and then 21 pullups. David was surprised about my pullups. He said my form was a lot better than the last time he watched me. I did 8 pullups in the first set, then like 5's and threes. Back to cleans, did 8 and 7, then pullups, broken into like 7, 5, 3, then 9 cleans I think unbroken, then pullups in 5 and 4.

14:23

I thought my last time was about 27 minutes but just searched Brand X WOD posts and found my last time:

23:39 with 45#!!! I thought my last weight was 55#. Last time was torture and I had to do tons of reps over again due to faults. Some of the improvement is due to me getting better. I don't think David was as brutal on the faults though. ;)

No comments: