Wednesday, August 09, 2006

uh-oh. Messed up my rest day

Russ knew I was having a rough day so at 12 he called and asked if i wanted to hit the street for a run. Then he talked me into doing a short workout first. I suggested a Crossfit style workout:

5 rounds of
10 pullups
10 bench press

I think he did 135# BP. I did only about 50 pounds on the smith machine. We didn't time it.

We coached eachother as we moved from round to round:

Full extenstion, Russ! All the way up!

Keep going Laura! You're doing good! 5 more! hehehe

And then we ran about 2 miles? He went farther maybe 2.5? I took a shortcut back because I was spent. During the first uphill leg of the run I was having a rough time and he says: I always figure if I get done and I'm breathing easily and still have energyt, there was effort I left in the tank. SO CROSSFIT!

That was an awesome way to get out some stress, I felt great the rest of the day. Also not timed but the two things together were done in about 40 minutes.

uhhh I think i just messed up my rest day by not resting. Thursday, Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed....better rest tomorrow. ;P Well, I'll do Krav. But that is not resting, is it?

No comments: