Thursday, August 03, 2006

Crappy Time - great workout. 43:30

I did the CrossFit workout for Thursday PM class.

Big Dawgs
3 rounds
run 400m
20 Overhead Squats + Press behind head at the bottom.
20 Turkish Getups

Sara and I started out with 35# bars for OHS and 20# dbs for TGU.

After a few OHS reps I knew I had lost my mind but I didn't want to lower the weight so I pressed stupidly onward. Really really difficult.

Q: Why does Jeff hate us so much
A: This is his twisted form of love!

Jeff: I am on a mission. I'm making people to do good squats by making them do a lot of them.

I got to 15 reps on the the OHS and considered doing pack. Kept going. On rep 17 I was really hurting and as I pushed out of the behind the head press I'm sure I was making some gawdawful face and Jeff watches me come up to the standing OHS position and says "NICE!" haha. either about my OHS or about my facial expression. Not sure. He's evil that way.

Turkish getups I knew after 1 rep that 20# was not going to cut it so I went for a 15# db. I believe my TGU were laughable at best. Sara walked me through a rep, Jeff walked me through a rep. Still I am sure it looked ugly. Really ugly.


The 400m runs were probaby not that fast.

During second set of OHS - Arlene came in and hollared at me "That is sooooo sexy!" hah.

During the last round, I was afeared of conking my head with the bar as I lowered it behind my neck. I had to be really careful. Jeff pointed out I needed to push my knees out before I stood up from the squat. OUCH. After 16 reps I moved over to the side mats and Jim (the assassin) was finishing up his last round of OHS and I warned him I might hit my head but at least I only had 4 more to go. He said, don't because he was on the verge and if I did it then he most certainly would do it next. haha. so I did my last for and he stopped between his last one and his TGU and watched me do a couple and said "Wow. NICE! That looks really good!" Sincerely.

Wow. I felt really good. Even though it took me 43:30. I don't think my Intensity suffered as I tried to do at least 3-5 reps and only put the bar down once in a while. I was soaked. My arms were glistening the whole time. Man.

Turkish getups sucked. I lost count in the middle round. frrrrrk.

No comments: