Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday - CrossPit/Rope Climbs, running, pull ups

Skill work: Rope climbs. Got up to the white tape! 20' = 4x my height. Coming down was scarier than getting up.

a few flat bar pull ups - felt weak. Did singles

Punked out on 1 mile run. Sat on the curb, disgusted, after the first 400m (2:32) then shamed myself into running the rest. So 1 400m run and 1 1200m run. 10:20

Is this a painstorm hangover or just a bad attitude?

CrossPit Workout
Big Dawg - How many rounds in 15 minutes
1 hill sprint
10 burpees
10 ball slams (20#)
95 punches on heavy bag (or was it 90?)

Should have been able to do 3 rounds of this. Got through 2 + hill sprint, burpees, ball slams and 15 punches.

2 comments:

RDM said...

Congratulations on the rope climb, that one is still elusive for me. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I don't have a rope, nor any real good place to hang it. Don't be too hard on yourself on the mile run. The fact that it sucked in the beginning and you pushed through it anyways will do more for you than a mile where it was easy and you don't have to work. Seems like gains are always made when you are able to push yourself out of those ruts.

Good luck and keep it up...

Unknown said...

Thanks. Rope climbs are problematic for me. To get to the 15 foot mark has always been a struggle, mostly because I can't get the footwork down and as you say, I have no rope at home. I have added in some skill work each week before one or two of my scheduled classes and figured rope climbing practice would be good. :)

Thanks for the comment! Don't be a stranger.