Saturday, May 20, 2006

Spic and Span Fran: Brand X Saturday workout.

Spic and Span: Clean

1st definition Fran with cleans:
21-15-9 Clean => Thruster (Clean from the ground,Catch the bar in the squat, Stand up into Thruster)
Pull ups

2nd definition: Each rep must be "clean" or perfect. Cleans must include triple ext. Catch must be below parallel. Thrusters must include active shoulders and full extension of arms. Pull ups must be chin above bar, way above bar.

Any faulty reps are not "clean" and must be repeated.

Also, we had a "counter". The person you counted for did their workout and had 20 minutes to complete. Then you switch and someone else counts for you.

I didn't have any one to count for me so Jeff assigned Mike H to count for me. Fuck. hehe. I like Mike. He's a good motivator but I knew he'd be hard on me. During the second round, he was discounting a couple of reps because I was not getting enough shrug...Jeff looks over at me and goes: "I'm sorry!" haha.

Mike as great and I was glad he was not going easy on me. He took it right to the line of not making me want to quit. LOL. In the third round he knew I was not going to make the twenty minute mark so he barked at me, come on, Laura, don't fucking quit on me. You will finish - no matter HOW LONG IT TAKES!
I responded YES. Sir. Dave Shanahan was encouraging me from somewhere off to the side. Jeff told me to drop faster on the cleans and then he said that I did better. Finished the last three cleans at something like 21:35.

I hopped - no crawled - up to the bar and Jeff came over to make sure Mike didn't cut me any slack. (heh) and and after 5 pullups and about 4 not counted ones, Mike told me to rest so, Jeff pointed out that my kip was good (yaaay!) but where I was "fucking up" was not pushing off at the top. So I tried to do that in the last few reps. I ended up giving Mike singles.

Finished at 23:39

The other big dog times were between 11 and 18 minutes. Jeff did it in around 12 minutes. I used 45# bar.

I guess I made quite a spectacle, because several people came up to say I did great. Mikki complimented my form, Derek said it was a good finish.

I hated it. I loved it. It was crossfit. My hands are a mess. Even calluses I didn't know I had ripped off. I now have superglue all over my hands. Lovely.

Date night is off! ;) just kidding honey.

No comments: