Monday, February 05, 2007

Birthday coming up

I am going to turn 41 on February 16th.

5 years ago I weight 171 pounds and wore size 16 jeans. I now weigh 150 pounds and my size 8 jeans are starting to get loose.

4 years ago it took me 12 minutes to run a mile. Now I am pissed because I can't break 9 minutes.

1 year ago it took me 13 minutes to do Fran. Now I am pissed because I haven't broken 6.

I can do handstand pushups.

I deadlifted 200# recently.

I just found a post from May 2005. I was only able to do 1 kipping pull up. I did 25 in a row 2 months ago.

I can power snatch 65#.

I did 20 pushups in a row. Finally.

Today I had to stop on the way to putting my son to bed because he impulsively dropped to the floor to do hollow rocks. And so I dropped and did a few myself.

CrossFit Rocks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work! Great progress! In April 2001 I weighed 235 lbs and wore a size 42 pants. In the same week a very good buddy of mine and a work colleague both were diagnosed w the onset of adult diabetes. My buddy ultimately died in 2004. Now I tick in at 170-175 lbs--I actually gained about 10 lbs since Crossfit but my waist stays constant at about 34-35 inches. I ran my first 10K in Sept at 1:05. Roadwork w/ hills I clock in at 11-12 mins for a mile--9-10 mins at the track. Last time I tried I could deadlift 175 lbs for 5-10 reps; bench about 160-65 not that great. I love hammer curls and can do 8-10 reps @ 25# db. Now I'm playing around with 8x8s & 6x6s doing curls w/ 25# & 20# dbs. I would love to lose what I lovingly call my "bicycle tire" around my waist & am working on that now. Happy Birthday!
you're awesome!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Psychoboy!

It's really amazing what you are doing as well. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Wow I was just looking at the Crosspit girls blog... you are one tough bunch of ladies! You've inspired me to get a little more busy than I have been.. In Dec I scavenged a near perfect 40 lb Everlast bag off the curb waiting for the garbage man. Granted its a "kid" size bag but I'm having a lot fun with it. Got some good work out ideas from your site!

Unknown said...

yeah there are 3 or four ladies in the group. Jason, one of the Brand X instructors is certified via the CrossPit seminar by John Hackleman and he makes up 98 percent of the workouts himself. It's a great class. My favorite.

I have a short (kid size?) bag at home but it's not hung up.