Saturday, February 17, 2007

Birthday Workout - 41 of stuff

It would be kind of punk not to do the big dawg of my very own workout:

LauraR: 41 reps for time
L-Pull Ups - slightly jumped (09:00)
Air Squats
Upside-down Shoulder Presses (HSPU) - ouch
Ring Dips - negatives
Air Squats
Ring Dips - was trashed so Andrea gave me a birthday present and said I could sub bench dips.

31:00

If I did the last set of ring dips maybe would have only added 5 more minutes.

If you want to help me celebrate, feel free to post your result here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Happy Birthday! You're gonna love the 40s! That particular decade was good to me in many respects. So this past weekend I went a little crazy--on Saturday I did 1000 arm rotations (?) in sets of 100/150 whatever I could stand plus ab work etc etc.. On Sunday I tried to do a 1000 pushups--didn't happen. When I got to 300 I knew I wasn't gonna make it--I did bang out 501 however. I went from sets of 25 to 20 to 15 to 10.. & it took a long time!! I took active rests w/ more ab work, squats, hitting the bag--whatever didn't entail using my arms too much..

Unknown said...

Arm rotations = big circles/little circles? heh. How do your shoulders feel?

1000 pushups would be insane. I'd have to spread them over a week or more.

"whatever didn't entail using my arms too much.." aha! No kidding! You might just be as crazy as I am. ;O

My buddy Jason did 500 barbell thrusters on Thanks giving. LOL. He regretted it, big time.

Anonymous said...

yeah arm rotations both little and big circles--the hardest ones are the forward kind, like swimming I guess--the others going in reverse not so bad--I also use lite wgts to make it interesting starting with 3.3 lbs 2lbs & 1 lb--doesn't sound like much but it'll make you cry! The last time I did 500+ pushups was over a 12 hr period-yesterday was like 3 hrs approximately.. Oddly aside from the normal aches and pains I don't feel that sore--500 bb thrusters! Ouch! But that's definitely put me to thinking!