Monday, March 19, 2007

1 mile - 8:55 + CrossPit

Before Crosspit, I ran a mile in 8:55.

Improved over my last time of 9:32

Determined to break 8:00.

CrossPit was awesome (http://crosspitgirls.blogspot.com)

Skill work was punching combos, hooks and using the hook right out of the clinch. Workout was my "favorite":

1 minute punching
1 minute sprawls, pushups, squats
for five rounds.

Then inside defenses.

Quotable quotes:
Sifu Dan: "Come on, Laura, you look like a girl!"

Jason: "Mary, stand your ground, don't let her back you up like that!"

Jason to Mary: "Are you going to let her get that close? Hit her in the face!"
Me: "He hates me."

Mary: "They're really on your ass all the time, aren't they....do you pay extra for that?"

Jason: "Which one of you two wants to throw punches at me...Mary?"

Me: "Thanks, for kicking my ass." jason: "You're welcome!"

No comments: