Friday, April 14, 2006

CrossFit on Friday

My friend of many years, Leslie, met me at the gym (sorry i was a little late, Leslie!) for a quick workout. She heard from another old friend of hers who has been doing CrossFit. Cool. This stuff is really spreading.

I made up a simple workout trying to use the principles Jeff pointed out for beginners.

Start simple.
Don't make the workout too long. 15-20 max.
Include one cardio exercise and no more than two other exercises.
Do some skill work.

The workout was: 25-20-15-10-5 of
Standing Shoulder presses with dumbbells
Situps
Box jumps (for cardio)

Since she has issues with her back I had her sub box step ups (l+r = 1 rep) and crunches for situps.

The first round we used to demo the exercises so it was slower then she kept up with me for the rest of the workout. I did jumps and situps and we both finished in 10 minutes. Then we did some squat practice.

She said she was perspiring (She seemed ok.) I was sweating more after that 10 minute workout than the hour long "turbo kickbox" class. LOL. Hopefully we will do that again. She's been reading up on the CrossFit site. Yay!

No comments: