Friday, April 14, 2006

Thursday

WOD = 5K run. Decided to do Nancy instead at the gym.

BUT

My gym friends talked me into doing the "Turbo Kickbox" class.

Some hilarious quotes from the class:

"Since this is your first class, don't get too fancy. Just jabs and crosses. Don't kick too high." Proceeds to do kicks about 3 inches off the ground.

Sometime about halfway through he asks me if I feel like I'm going to pass out. Um. No.

After 45 minute of a light sweat inducing choreogaphy, he says, "ok this this is the part we call recovery." OK, recovery from exactly what. The embarassment of not knowing my right from my left and doing jumping jacks off beat of the 70's music.

Ha. There's more. I will blog more later. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: 5k run. No, you said the 5k race was for Tuesdays WOD, run 10k.I get the feeling that you have a fear of running,which is ok because running kinda sucks.But I say you're fitter than you think.This kickboxing class is the proof.Come on! Just go run 2k,that's alittle over 1 mile.
Sorry about the anonymous thing,my name is Darren.

Unknown said...

hey Darren! LOL. You are right. I hate running.

Today I will be helping someone get started with CrossFit. I might have to schedule the run for sunday. Really! LOL.

The last 10K run I did was a while back but it included some obstacles. It was the Camp Pendleton Mud run. It took me an hour and twenty some minutes. I might go ahead and suck it up and do the 10K around my neighborhood.