Friday, June 29, 2007

HSPU challenge




GardDawg said:
Here is my take Laura. After completing Diane, 45 HSPU all forehead to the ground. I did my back squats and then on a lark decided to see what the ratio would be of full HSPU's to Pad HSPU. I'm thinking 15-1 would be about right.

So if your using a pad in a workout you need to up the number done and def. call out that you used the pad because its not the same. Next I would put HSPU's into your skill work and warm up until you don't have to use the pad in a workout anymore.

4 comments:

Craig Massey said...

You and me both.

Ummm, I'd better take some shots and see how far down I'm getting. I have this strong suspicion you have a head start on me. And the ground's closer for you, not as far to go. ;-)

Unknown said...

Yeah, see where are you at!

Can you see the diff between the one on the left and the one on the right? I didn't think I had gotten better but I did!

Craig Massey said...

Definitely.

The one on the left is not as deep, right? :-)

Alright, alright, before you start throwing things, yes you've improved. You've got more depth and more elbow flexion.
I might try these tomorrow, if I'm able to get off the floor while recovering from Murphy this afternoon.
Does GD ever prescribed negatives to improve these? I thought it could be a good way to go.

Unknown said...

Yes, as to the negatives. They call them pressing up from a headstand. I can't do them.

Maybe I should work on those as well.

Hey, maybe you could post that question in my HSPU thread in the CrossFit topic?