Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday - CrossPit

Jason was concerned about how to make sure we got our CrossPit workout done and the planned amount of skill work in a 55 minute class. He decided to put time limits on the workouts and I agreed to work at pack level to ensure gettting my workout done in a timely manner.

So tonights workout was "supposed to be" 3 rounds, but to ensure we all finished in a timely manner with partners taking turns doing the workout and coaching each other (nitpicking on form), he stated at the last minute this change: "As many rounds as you can complete in 8 minutes"

45# thruster x 15
65 shf punches

For the purpose of nitipicking, I had Jason as my partner. Yeah, some of my reps did not count. LOL.

And I completed my 3 rounds in 5:30...but then he said, keep going because you can get more rounds. I got 4 rds and 4 thrusters

Then 8 minutes skill practice at high intensity. Round kicks on heavy bag, L+R+kicks (across mat and back), L+R+Knees (across mat and back), Fall Down and Get up, then add sprawls, then add knees when coming out of sprawl.

That was fun.

3 comments:

Craig Massey said...

I should have read this before I did those push-ups, then I'd have remembered what your idea of "fun" is.
You're a sick puppy.

Unknown said...

haha.

I love crosspit so much it hurts.

See...you will now learn not to compliment me because it means punishment.

I am going to reply to your post on Brand X thusly:

"$H*T rolls down hill"

Jeff had a sig line that said "Someday you will thank me. Today is not that day." Very appropriate.

Craig Massey said...

I will always call people who unfairly put themselves down.

Punish away. "That which does not kill me makes me stronger", especially in this case. If it looks too hard I just won't listen, I'm a husband, I have experience with this.
Problem is, this stuff looks fun to me too and I needed a benchmark, so that 10 minute test was worthwhile. I guess that makes me a sick puppy to, sigh.
I really hurt now though, ow, ow, ow etc.