Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Confession: My diet sucks

Just so you know.

I'm a sugar addict. Or more generally a carb addict, which I think is common. I've got a couple folks out in digital land I can use as support/sponsors to break this habit, so I'm trying to clean up my eating habits.

First thing to go: Refined Sugars. I'm also just cutting out artificial stuff except in small amounts. The daily doses of Splenda/Sucralose in my coffee/espresso have stopped. Whole fresh fruit, canned unsweetened fruit and frozen unsweetened fruit have to become my only source of sugars in my diet (except lactose, dude, I'm not giving up milk, sorry)

Next on hit list:
Breads - except sparingly.

Then I have to start adding more fresh veggies. I am not a good veggie eater. I think the sugar in my diet makes that happen. Maybe once I get off the OSE's I'll get better at eating the green stuff.

So, I'm on day 3 of detox.

4 comments:

Craig Massey said...

"So, I'm on day 3 of detox."

Damn, and I just made an abs joke. Please don't hurt me.

Unknown said...

LOL.

I'll let it slide.

today I had

Breakfast sandwich:
1 egg
3 slices of oscar meyer ham (11gr protein)
1 toasted muffin with butter

Lunch Sandwich
3 oz roast beef
1 slice bread
1oz cheese
pickle. lettuce. mayo.

Coffee/espresso no splenda, no sugar etc. Added half and half.

Dinner coming up.

Unknown said...

Water with my lunch instead of diet soda.

Craig Massey said...

It gets easier.