Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday Rest Day

I think I'll start making rest day posts like the main site does - sans political articles. I think I want to put a little more narrative into my blog...I see lots of folks visiting and maybe I could put a little more personality here. LOL.

I watched the Dacatur Uneven Grace vid yesterday and I was pretty impressed. The ladies used 83 pounds for their weight and I just started using 95# a couple of months ago.

My last time was 6:44 with coaching. One of these girls did 7:20 with unevenly loaded bar. I'm impressed. I'm not even going to try that! Unless Jeff says I have to. hehe.

I really need to work on my HSPU and get them under my belt before the games. I want to go there and not have to sub anything. I think I'm good with almost anything (even if I have to do singles) except muscle ups and HSPU.

So I've decided to work on the HSPU in my office, door closed of course, with feet on desk. Knees on box/desk are too easy now so I have to start working my hands in closer to 90 degrees and get full ROM, head to floor reps before I ask Jeff to help me with the barrier use (ie, like a wall HSPU but with knees bent and feet pushing up on the barrier.)

Also of note: On 4/14 my blood pressure, which has been historically high and occasionally alarming, was 111/62 which is an all time low.

Point the third and then I'm done for the day: This is day 17 of no processed and limited synthetic sweetners in my diet. Limit on artificial is 1 packet of splenda. I have had a couple of days where less than 10 gr of sugar was consumed in a premade food. But I'm not having food that is intentionally sweetened. No cake, cookies, ice cream, soda etc.

I'm out.

No comments: