Thursday, March 16, 2006

another Run.


(From google earth and yahoo maps)
The purple portion of the path is 2.2 miles. The the white path is the off road running. The starting point is at the top left corner and we actually ran across the non marked area, to the north about 1.4 mile, then up the steep embankment about another 8th or 4th of a mile then on a long dirt road to get to the Westerra Ct starting point.

It took us (me) 40 minutes from start to finish. I ran to through the canyon trails, hiked up the embankment, no way I could run it so I settled for a steady ascent. Got to the top, where Russ was waiting for me and he asked if I was ok while I caught my breath. "I'm ok." "Would you tell me if you weren't?" "Well, I'd probably just fall down. Or puke."

Then we were off running again. Not fast for him, but pretty good clip for me of the short legs. I kept swearing, and trying to concentrate on my breathing. Asked a few times how much farther to go. This was right after the canyon run - Sadly, the off road is less than 1/3 the distance but as Russ said, effort-wise it is more than half.

I kept giving myself markers to reach. Just to this corner. Two more light posts. Round the bend. I maybe slowed to a walk twice the whole time but never stopped to puke or curl up on the nice cool looking grass of the business parks we passed along the way.

Russ kept saying, keep going, keep measuring your breathing. You're doing a great job. He was not getting the most out of his run but I think he was pleased that I was not giving up.

At the gym while we cooled down he says, Well, you did a really good job on that. I'm surprised. I don't know what I was expecting, but I'm impressed. Good job.

hehehe.

Wait til he sees the chipper I give him to do tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://laurascorner.com/crossfit/canyon12.jpg