Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Lynne - CrossFit with the boys.

We went to the gym without having chosen a workout for sure, and we haggled, no squats, ok squats but no box jumps. How can we all do pullups in the same workout with only one gravitron. etc. We finally settled on Lynne, even though they still were concerned we wouldn't be able to work around the shortage of benching and pull up equipment. When they found out it wasn't for time, that settled it.
Something with no legs...ok, Christian. Here you go:


6 rounds of
Max BW bench press
Max Pull ups.

We rotated 1 on bp, 1 spotting, 1 doing pullups. Russ benched his BW first (195) while Christian spotted. I did pull ups on the gravitron with 40# assist. We had agreed we'd all use the same assist on the gravitron. I'm not up to bodyweight on the bench yet, so I di a few pounds more than my last time with Lynne (I had no spotter back then). 85# proved to be challenging but I got at least 5 reps each round. Christian said on the last round I did the 6th rep all on my own and next time, if I do a rep on my own, I'll do seven. It was statement. Not a suggestion. Nice coaching. :)

Wit' da boyz - Lynne
Russ - Assisted Pull ups (40#) / 195 (BW 195)
10/10 - 9/8 - 7/6 - 6/5 - 6/4 - 7/4

Christian - Assisted Pull ups (40#) / 165 (BW 162)
12/11 - 10/9 - 7/6 - 5/6 - 6/4 - 5/5

Laura - Assisted Pull ups (40#) / 85 (BW 156)
6/6 - 5/6 - 6/6 - 5/7 - 3/7 - 3/6

No comments: