Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Big Dawg Dreams

As Precribed.

Two words I have wanted to post with my workouts for a long time. It took me a good year to do the scaled pack workout that Jeff gives in his classes. There are still some movements I can't do - even in the pack workouts. Handstand Pushups. Ring Dips - heck even my bar dips are still not full ROM.

Some things I can do for reps but not for an entire workout. Pushups plague me - adding what seems like HOURS to a workout. Rope climbs - It takes me several tries to get the tricks back after a break. Snatch, Overhead Squat.

The last six months have seemed stagnant for me. I learned to kip in September. I started using "real" pullups on the WOD and that was a big milestone but since then, milestones have been few and far between.

I'm short, but I'm no 115 pound Lynne Pitts, Kelly Moore or Annie Sakamoto. I'm certainly no Eva or Nicole. I'm 155 on a good day and today is not a good day. It's the diet.

But I have my strengths. After not doing ME days for a few months, I picked up almost where I left off in the first week of February and got PRs in clean and jerk, deadlift, OHS this month. My pull ups are getting better and stronger every time. I can feel the difference when I get my head well above the bar. My chest will be touching soon. I'm concentrating on form and not worrying about time - well, not much. I'm choosing heavier weights for WOD and the other day I did the 65# DL, HSQ, Push Press workout AS PRESCRIBED.

Once I declared I just wanted to "do a dip, do a pull up, run a mile, climb a rope." I used to have to choose between the Pack workouts and Puppy mods. I noticed more and more looking at the Big Dawg (RX'd) workouts and saying, next time. Next time.

I did the Brand X's Big Dawg weight for women (45#) on the 12 push press/10 pullup workout yesterday. It was hard. I only got 9 rounds and I forced myself to complete 10 rounds. I could have gotten more rounds with the Pack weight for women, but right now, I have to think like a Big Dawg or I'll never be one.

And I'm going to get that Muscle Up. w00f!

No comments: