Sunday, March 19, 2006

Zone Chili

I've been cravng chili lately.

On the CFJ Zone isszue (21?) There have a couple of simple recipes. One is for Chili. I've never been able to make good chili. Even following someone else's recipe.

Anyway the recipe is (for 3 3 block servings)

Sautee
1/3 cup onion chopped
1 chopped Green pepper
in cumin, garlic, chilli powder, and crushed red pepper

Add 9 oz ground beef or turkey until browned (I used ground sirloin)

Add 1 cup tomato sauce
3/4 cup black beans
3/4 cup kidney beans (I was out so I used all black beans)
30 olives - chopped - err I used a 5 ouz can of sliced olives. I hope it wasn't too much.
Add fresh cilantro to taste. - I didn't have any cilantro so I skipped it.

Serve each helping with 1oz grated cheese.

Hmm not bad, a little spicy with the crushed peppers. I might leave them out next time. Also the olive add salty flavor so don't salt until it's cooked. :)

I ate mine without the cheese this time. I'll add it later if I do it again. I might make a double batch and freeze so I can just grab some out of hte freezer for lunches.

No comments: