Friday, March 31, 2006

CrossPit

It's an understatement to say I like to fight. Ok, I like to train to fight. ;) I've only been to sparring once. It was fun, but I found it very different than hitting and kicking mitts. I need to do some sparring.

Anyway, CrossPit starts up at Brand X on monday. I loved the Kickboxing class Ricky and Jason taught because they made it a combination of CrossFit (Ricky: "It keeps getting harder to kill you, Laura."), Kickboxing and Krav Maga (Jason's best CIA stare: "I'm not certified to train you in KM.")

I always knew that they were training me as if I had the potential to be as dangerous as they are. They expected no less, although they did smile a lot when noting how much "heart" I had. Jason said, I was the only person that got madder when he gave "the stare" instead of getting psyched out. Coulda been a teacher's way of encouraging me. But hell, that stare would get me going. Ricky was good at pushing my buttons and really making me put out my best effort. They pushed me to do everything right. They were teaching me to FIGHT. Not just burn up computer geek calories.

I never mastered the hook when the class was going on but I think I have it now, eh, Jeff. I really feel good about myself when I'm doing a KB, KM or CrossFit class.

CrossPit seems like it will be bit of a homecoming for my fighting spirit. J will be teaching. I'm mad already!

SAY MY NAME! Lorarrrr!!!!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Crosspit sounds like a great time. I hope to start BJJ soon but I have no inclination to fight anytime soon. PAssing out in a pool of sweat would be sufficent.